Skip to content
psychedelic mushrooms


Controlled Drugs and Substances Dealer’s

Psilocybin and Psilocin are natural, active ingredients (hallucinogens) found in hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Activities related to these substances, such as possession, production and sale, are only permitted under the Food and Drug Regulations, Part J. This is because these compounds are controlled under the Annex III of the CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act).

To date, most of the licensed sites for psilocybin are research and development facilities where it is studied to treat several conditions, including depression and anxiety.

Cannabis laboratory testing and analyses

Distributor's license relating to controlled substances

To do business with these substances, you will need a Controlled Drugs and Substances Dealer’s License that will allow you to legally possess controlled substances. Activities that could be carried out include: research and development, laboratory analysis, clinical studies, sales, extraction and production, packaging, transportation, import and export. These activities should be described in the form of detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).


To be approved by Health Canada

To be approved by Health Canada, the license must be located in a compliant site where controlled substances can be stored safely. A complete application should also be submitted and should include: security documentation, record keeping solution, security clearances, identification of key roles and more.
Our team can help you with the production site and the application to ensure that you receive your license as soon as possible.