Licensing Services

Cannabis Testing and Research licenses

What is a Testing and Research License?

Many companies want to produce cannabinoids at a scale that supports producing higher-margins, value-add products like beverages, chocolates, and vape devices. Having a research license will help you to streamline the logistical and supply-chain operations that you need to have across Canada. The decisions you make with R&D will help you decide if you need to change your corporate capabilities or the production infrastructure.

Consult & Grow President, Francis Hebert is a master grower who knows how to set up your pilot plants before ramping up your cannabis cultivation. Our manufacture and cultivation partners can help you to deliver low-cost yields and solve your problems.

Consult & Grow has completed several successful for several cannabis cultivation applications. Our team offers professional expertise with R&D licensing, good production practices (“GPP”), and on-going compliance.

Standard Cultivation License

Your first step in becoming a successful grow-operation is to begin your application on the Cannabis Tracking and Licensing System (CTLS).

Consult & Grow’s team knows getting municipal approvals and zoning are major hurdles to cross. Finding the right location for a Standard Cultivation License is a challenge. Our team will meet with local officials to help with setting the foundations for your cultivation facility.
You will need to demonstrate your cultivation practices, personnel, facility and security plans when applying for a Cannabis Standard Cultivation License. It usually takes 3 to 6 months for approval. We can make sure your application is thorough and professionally drafted to avoid delay in the Health Canada review process.

Consult & Grow works with architects, engineers, and general contractors with proven track records of success in the cannabis industry. Our network of experts can help with lighting, HVAC systems, temperature control, building materials, security equipment, growing equipment, and more.

Our experts understand the extensive operational requirements need to complete an application; Professional floor plans, workflows, physical security, Threat and Risk management programs, Standard Operating Procedures (“SOPs”), security clearances, corporate structure summary, site survey, filed notices with local authorities, and to complete various quality assurance and administrative reports.

Analytical license

With a Micro-Cultivation License, six months of operation could earn up to $1,000,000 in revenues.

The Micro Cultivation License fees and security requirements are less for than the Standard Cultivation License, and can only allow a 200-square-meter canopy. Your biggest challenge in the process may be in finding the right location.

Consult & Grow’s first advice to applicants is to do a facility assessment. It’s important to ask three questions at the start: Does the facility meet the zoning requirements? Is the municipality going to allow a cannabis facility? And can we actually convert the facility into a GPP/GMP compliant and high-security location.

As of 31 March 2019, Health Canada has received 151 applications a Micro-Cultivation license. The three largest numbers of these applicants came from (41) Ontario, (36) British Columbia, and (34) Quebec.

Micro-Cultivation licenses provide a fantastic opportunity for craft growers, investors and entrepreneurs to develop high-end, high-value strains for both the medical and recreational markets. The Cannabis Micro Cultivation License usually takes 3 to 6 months for approval.

Drug license

Good news for Cannabis Nursery License holders. There’s a high demand for starting material. Producers are all complaining about having limited access to plant genetics, seeds, and seedlings.

Cannabis Nursery Licenses allow you to develop and sell cannabis seeds and seedlings. The nursery license is a subclass of the cultivation license and cannot exceed 50-square-meters in surface area.

To apply for the Cannabis Nursery Licenses, you need to show your cultivation practices, personnel and facility plans. It usually takes 3 to 6 months for approval, but this could take longer.

Cultivation License

Consult & Grow can help you apply for the Standard Cultivation License, Micro Cultivation License, Nursery License, Industrial Hemp License, and Outdoor Cultivation License.

Finished Products License

Consult & Grow has expertise and regulatory knowledge on how to get approval for licenses to manufacture cannabis extracts and products.

Testing and Research License

Consult & Grow understands the strict requirements for finished product testing and licensing, and how important a role research and development plays.

Distribution License

 There is a huge potential for the distribution of branded and white-labeled cannabis products.